Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Critter's On Two Feet

I can't believe my baby is eight months old already! He still gets around the house with his army crawl but has now modified it to only use his left arm. He digs his right elbow into the carpet and pulls with his left. He's actually faster than you'd think. I even lost him last week. I left the kids in the living room while I hung up some clothes in my bedroom. I came back and he was gone. He wasn't in the kitchen. Or the hall. Or the bathroom. I was getting nervous when I finally found him in his closet. I don't know how he got in there so fast!

But as fast as he is, he would much rather stand up. If he could spend his day on two feet, he would. He'll walk if we hold his hands, and he can push himself up with a little help, but we've got a little while before he'll walk on his own. Thank goodness! Ally walked the day after she turned 9 months and never looked back. That's only 3 weeks away for Critter!

So if you come over and hold out your hand, be prepared for Crit to crawl over and use you as leverage for his standing up trick. You can see how proud of himself he is. We get this smile every time he gets himself up.

1 comments:

Ryan and Nikki said...

Hey Amber! It's Ryan's wife Nikki. I found your blog cuz your hubby said to check it out on facebook. So cute! Your kids are so cute I haven't seen you guys forever! Well I love you blog!