Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favorite Striped Blankie

The kids with their "Favorite Striped Blankies"
I guess I have to reset the date on my camera again. Dang.


Ally got her pink striped blanket from Mike's aunt for my baby shower before she was born and has slept with it every night of her life. We left it at Mike's parents' one night a couple of years ago and I had to go buy another one to get her to go to bed. The replacement wasn't the same color though, so she only uses it if she absolutely has to. "Favorite Striped Blankie" has been dragged all over the house, to numerous doctor appointments, and is rarely out of her sight. I was nervous for a while that I'd be stuffing it in her backpack for school everyday. She is getting better at leaving it at home, but usually asks if it can come along.

Critter got his blanket from Santa Claus and didn't really love it until last week. Now he drags it all over the house (sometimes in the back of his dump truck) and loves to lay on it and rub his face in it. If he doesn't bring it out of the crib when I get him up in the morning, he reaches between the bars when he notices it is still in the crib. His is still very soft and feels so nice, but the way he's going his might just be as holey as Ally's before long.

0 comments: