Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We've Got To Teach Her To Read...

Last night I put Ally to bed at 8:15 and told her, like every single night of her life, "Good night, we love you, STAY IN YOUR BED." It usually takes her a while to get to sleep, so she gets out of bed when she gets bored. Mike and I went downstairs and heard her singing to herself and kicking the wall for a while. At 9:30 she yelled down the stairs that she needed help getting the lid on her sippy because she filled it up. I put the lid on and told her to GET IN BED AND STAY THERE. She went to her room and all was quiet after that.

When we went to bed at 10:30 I went in to check on her and cover her with a blanket. It took all I had not to burst out laughing while I was in there. She was asleep in her bed, but this is what I found...

Yes, those are socks on her bedposts.

And on the hooks on one side of her dresser.

And on the hooks on the other side.

And on the handles of her closet doors.

When I came to bed, I could barely tell Mike about it because I was laughing so hard. All he could say was, "We've got to teach her to read."

I haven't asked her about this strange sock phenomenon yet, but I'm sure when I do, I'll get a very long explanation.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

How else are my hands not going to get cold in the morning