You know you're raising children in the 21st Century when...
Your daughter asks you to "please pause the prayer" at dinner so she can get a drink.
When asked to identify pictures during an eye test, your three-year-old says, "I can see it, but I don't know what it is," when shown a picture of a rotary phone.
Ally: "I want to watch Dora." Me: "Dora's not on right now." Ally: "It's in the DVR. That means it's on whenever I want it to be on. And I want it on now, please."
Maybe we should rethink our punishment...
Ally did something that wasn't very nice, so Mike took her to the naughty mat. Before he could even start the timer, she yelled, "No! Don't put me on the naughty mat!!" Mike told her she could either sit on the mat or get a spanking (which is more like a little swat). She said "Okay, I will get a spanking. But remember to be gentle and don't hurt my bum." Trying hard not to laugh, Mike swatted her on the bum and she walked away.
Apparently at almost four, she has figured out that the less time you spend getting punished, the more time there is to play. Now if she just wouldn't get in trouble in the first place...
Ally got out of bed last week and we heard her coming down the stairs. Mike called, "Ally, if I get off this couch, I'm going to spank you!" She kept coming down the stairs as she told us, "That's okay. I've come to like spankings." She was sent back to bed without any harm to her backside.
0 comments:
Post a Comment