Sunday, March 21, 2010

Laundry Room Make Over

When we bought this house, I was really excited to have a real laundry room. Our last one was fine, but there was only room for the washer and dryer in there. I had to get collapsible baskets because we had no place to put them, and the dirty laundry sorter was in our bedroom. So a real room with a place to keep the dirty clothes (and, much too often, a basket of clean clothes) sounded fantastic!

When we first moved in there was a weird shelf in the corner and a wall of hooks under the cabinets--don't ask me why. We tore those out right away, but we were still using the old canvas sorter we bought right after we got married. The sorter finally fell apart a couple of weeks ago and we decided it was time for a redesign. Mike built me a shelf--but in order to do that he "had" to buy a router. We also got four new hampers and two shelves above the dryer. I was so excited that I even labeled the hampers! We finally got the last shelf hung yesterday and I felt it was worthy of a picture.

I never remember to take a "before" picture, so just try to imagine a room that didn't function well for a family of four. Now I almost enjoy doing laundry. Almost.

And notice the doorknob. A few months ago we bought new knobs for the entire house (and I installed all 11 myself). The old gold ones were no longer gold. They were just old.

0 comments: