Friday, January 2, 2009

Ally's Kankle

On New Year's Eve, Ally was sitting on the back of our couch in the family room downstairs (the couch is in the middle of the room). Then suddenly (apparently she had fallen off) she was on the floor behind the couch. She cried and said her head hurt, but was fine after a minute. It was bedtime a little bit later and she asked me to carry her to bed. Since she asks all the time, I didn't think it was weird. I carried her to bed and she slept fine.

Yesterday she woke up and said she couldn't walk because her knee hurt. I looked at it and told her she was fine. She kept asking to be carried around. Finally (after the whining and complaining had really gotten to us) at noon Mike bent her leg all over and asked her if it hurt. That's when we noticed her ankle. She must have landed on it somehow when she fell off the couch.

We know it's not broken because she stood on it a little bit without screaming, but it looks like a sprain and she'll have a pretty nasty bruise. We've been carrying her around and she's been crawling around the house today without complaining, so I guess it's getting better. She told me it didn't hurt as much as yesterday, but she won't let us wrap it. At least the whining has quit-- thank heavens for Motrin.


This is her very swollen ankle. She can't wear shoes or socks.

Another view. You can see where the bruise is starting and how big it is compared to her other foot.

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ally, I'm so sorry about your ankle. Man, they hurt so much, I know. I'm excited to see you all on Monday for your eye appt. Just a reminder: We leave on Wednesday morning for Rome and the Mediterranean cruise!, returning after two weeks through PARIS! Wouldn't want you to forget where we are. Please mark your big map You can track our trip at lds.travel for a day to day itinerary. Lots of love, Hammy and Papa