Monday, March 16, 2009

Crayon Roll Up

The crayon situation at church has really been bugging me lately. The seat of the bench doesn't meet the back, so crayons roll under the bench. Then they get stepped on and broken (and sometimes eaten by my youngest). So I've seen these crayon roll ups before but finally decided we really needed one. I found a pattern on the web, but I can't follow a sewing pattern to save my life, so I kind of made it up as I went along. I didn't measure anything so we can only fit 21 crayons, but I think it turned out pretty good for a first time effort. Ally was thrilled. And she loves putting the crayons back in their spots. For the first time ever at church we didn't have to send our daughter crawling all over the chapel floor to collect the stray crayons.

All rolled up and ready for our church bag.
Unrolled and ready to color. And they don't slip out even if it's held open upside down. Lifesaver!
And it's cute, too!

0 comments: