Friday, November 20, 2009

His Second Accident in Two Months...

So it's been almost a month since I've posted anything? Wow. I'd like to say I've just been really busy, but I don't really know what I've been doing for the past few weeks. So I'll just tell you about our week.

Mike had a little "incident" on Sunday. We were leaving his parents' house and he backed out of the driveway into the truck parked across the street. This is my van's traumatized bumper.

It also cracked the tail light pretty badly. Yes, this is after it was removed from the van.

I put some tail light tape on it so I wouldn't get pulled over on the way to Salt Lake the other day. Attractive, huh?

I, yes I, the wife, ordered a new tail light online on Sunday night and the FedEx guy delivered it yesterday. Knowing my husband wouldn't be home until after dark, I decided to tackle to project. I took off the old light, disconnected the cables, and put the new one on. And yes, it works perfectly. How did I know how to perform such a procedure? Well, my friend, this is not my first time in "Caravan maintenance-land". I replaced both tail lights a couple of months ago and the high-mount brake light (it's really sad that I know what it's called, huh?) two weeks ago.

Mike came home and asked why I even keep him around. Well, somebody's got to get in all the car accidents, right?

2 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

Car accidents are Pauls specialty as well. I high fived him on the most recent one because it was NOT his fault...but it was a perfect place because the kid that hit him-hit the car in a place Paul had just hurt a week earlier.
Some accidents are semi-okay here. :)

Unknown said...

Also YouTube helps