Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Break Vacation

So I completely missed my April 12th Dozen, but how 'bout a bunch of pictures of 3 days in April instead? Okay then, let's get on with it.

Ally was out of school last week for Spring Break so Mike decided to take Thursday and Friday off so we could go on a little vacation to Southern Utah.

It took a lot of stuff to get the four of us down there. Once again our minivan is the hero of the day.

Yes, we have two portable DVD players. And we love them. We REALLY love them.

We attempted a hike at Fremont Indian State Park on the way down. But because of all that white stuff on the ground (it was really cold), we did this instead:

The kids loved throwing rocks in the river.

We took a walk around the visitors center and saw a few petroglyphs. I forgot the camera while we were walking so this is the best picture we got. It's a rock.

Crit got his own bed this time and slept great. I was nervous he wouldn't go back to the crib when we came home, but he did and hasn't complained one bit. Yea! And I highly recommend packing a clothesline. Just because it looks so good in pictures later.

Ally was thrilled about sleeping on the fold out bed. She'd never seen one before and loved sleeping on it. We loved that they each had their own bed! Crit apparently loved hiding under his blanket. Whatever.

We spent Friday hiking in Zions. Please don't look too closely at my hair. I remembered everything for everybody else, but my curling iron was sadly left at home on the bathroom counter. I don't think Mike minded at all, though. We were out the door in record time every morning.

A lady coming down the trail as we were just starting said that the trail was probably too difficult for Crit. We proved her wrong. He was spectacular and loved climbing the rocks. And check out my super thin, lean husband. He's looking pretty good.

I always feel really small when we go to Zions.

Ally loved every minute. She was always the self-proclaimed hike leader and loved pretending to be in charge.

We spent Saturday morning hiking in Kolob Canyon. The sign says "1/2 mile," but it was really 2/3 mile. Thank you GPS. I just like to get full credit for every step.

This is the top of the trail. Notice Ally had to be higher up the rock than everyone else?

Ally wanted to take pictures of everything, so we finally let her take one of us. And she didn't cut any of us off. Wow.

Why he's between a rock and a bush I don't know.

We spent Saturday afternoon having a picnic, playing in the park, and going to a movie. We went swimming every night at the hotel and had a fantastic time. I don't have any pictures at the pool because I was too afraid of the camera ending up swimming with us.

So there you go. Fifteen pictures of 3 fantastic days in April. And did you notice we were wearing shorts? The weather was great! I miss it already.

0 comments: