Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Post-Op Day 5

Wow, five days ago already? We got to the hospital at 6:15 Friday morning and they wheeled my drowsy husband back to surgery at 7:30. Just over an hour later, the surgeon came to tell me that everything went well and handed me a plastic cup with a lid. I was totally grossed out when I looked inside (here's a good tip: if a surgeon ever hands you a cup as soon as he finishes removing a part of your husband, don't look). He got out five shooter-marble sized gall stones and saved one to show us. Thanks, Doc.

Mike spent a lot of hours watching old cartoons online while lying in bed. He's done better everyday and went to work this morning.

I drove the new car a couple of times while he was in bed. I really liked it-- is it wrong to be jealous of a car that's half yours? The first time I drove it was bringing him home from the hospital. No pressure! But I think I did okay. We all made it home.

It won't be long before pizza is back on our menu. And Mike can't wait!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

From Jeff: You were robbed. We usually give patients all the stones (why not?). And I think that the wife should always drive the new car unless she likes driving a minivan.