Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stimulating the Economy

So last night Mike and I single-handedly stimulated the economy. We... well, let me start at the beginning. I've been waiting until I've had pictures to post about this, but we didn't take any with the camera. So unless I can figure out how to get pictures from Mike's Blackberry to here, you'll have to use your imagination.

Last Monday (September 28th), Mike called me at 8:00 in the morning just a while after he left for work. He was on the freeway at 12300 South and just got in an accident. He was fine, but it didn't look like the Sentra was going to make it. He was stopped and hit from behind; the car was pushed under the truck in front of him.

So that started the week of phone calls and errands relating to the accident. Mike got a rental and has been driving that until today. The Sentra's fate was correctly assessed at the scene: it was terminal. We finally got the check yesterday and, wanting to get this done before his gall bladder removal tomorrow, we went to see his friend Thor at the Nissan dealership yesterday.

And that brings us to the stimulated economy (can you feel the good vibes in the financial air?). We bought a new (yea! the kids can actually fit in the back seat-- too bad Mike is hesitant to let them ride in it yet) Altima last night. I haven't driven it yet-- maybe in a couple of days when it's not so new and I'm not so scared to death.

Picture this with a completely crumpled hood, smashed headlight and front tire going the wrong way.

This is it-- dark grey and really really shiny. It smells really good too.

3 comments:

Nerd - not geek said...

Okay. I just emailed Amber a picture of the sentra post accident. I think I've previously explained to her that the 'good' smell is the plastic molded parts off gassing carcinogenic solvents.

Johnson Family said...

Way to stimulate the economy...lol! But, hey a new car...that's sweet, right?! I would be nervous about driving one so new too!

Unknown said...

The story of my car