Monday, July 12, 2010

Laundry Room Makeover Part II

So all of my loyal readers (you know who you are) will remember this post about how we put up some new shelves and got some new hampers to sort the laundry in the laundry room-- and how happy it made me. Apparently I still wasn't giving the room enough attention, so it demanded that we do more. And here's what it looks like now:

It just gets better and better, doesn't it? Last week the washer started leaking all over the floor. We decided that it wouldn't be worth it to get it fixed, so it was time to replace it. The old dryer was still working fine, but between the fantastic sale and the energy rebates, a new one was almost free. So we splurged and got the matching pair.

The leaking washer made the old vinyl floor bubble (and it also buckled the wood floors in the kitchen, but that's another story) so I pulled it up, scraped the glue off the floor, and we put down peel and stick tiles in one hour for about twelve dollars. That's right. Twelve dollars. Can I find a bargain or what?

So stay tuned next year (or maybe the year after that) for part three of our series, "Laundry Room Makeover" where you'll see expertly installed ceramic tile, freshly painted walls, and pedistals to raise the appliances. I can hardly wait.

0 comments: