
So we've been living in Utah County for almost a year now. While most things are just like they were in Salt Lake, there is one thing that's different. Bad different. Utah County is BYU territory. I can understand why; the school is just a few minutes from here. But it really drives me crazy!
Mike and I both need new U of U shirts (it is football season, afterall). The kids didn't have one so I thought I'd get them each one too. So I packed them up and went to Walgreen's. I had seen shirts there before so I was confident we'd find what we needed. We found BYU shirts (4 different designs), sweatshirts, hats, beanies, keychains, kids clothes, mugs, bleacher cushions, and even footballs. We also found the Utah shirts. All 12 of them. They had two designs in only 2 sizes. And that's it.
So we went to Walmart. I knew they had BYU stuff, so I thought of course they'd have Utah shirts too. We found the BYU stuff. The entire section of BYU stuff. Seriously, the BYU stuff took up more space than all 7 aisles of shoes. So we walked through all the blue looking for anything red. Nothing. We tried again. They had no less than 25 racks of BYU shirts, hats, etc. (they even had girls' cheerleader outfits), but no red. At all. Finally I spotted a crimson collar. They had ONE U of U shirt. Yes, one Ute among the sea of blue. I rescued it from the store and brought it home.
So I'm still on the hunt for shirts for the kids. It's not easy to be a Utah fan in Utah County. But we'll survive.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Life in Utah County
Posted by Amber at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good Luck! Don't get converted to the BLUE.
We found a red jersey for Isaac at Walmart last week...in herriman- he loves it!
Post a Comment