Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stats, Shots, and a Spray

We went to the doctor on Thursday for Crit's 15 month check-up. I can't believe he's so old already! I took Ally with me too because the appointment was at 9:30-- way too early to play with a friend. I knew my guy was little, but the appointment once again confirmed it.
Height: 30" 15%
Weight: 20 lbs. 15 oz. 10%
Head: 47 cm. 50% (no surprise there)
He got 3 booster shots plus a flu shot. None of the boosters were combined, so he got poked 4 times. Ally cried when he did and asked the nurse, "Why are you hurting my baby brother? He didn't do anything to you!"

They asked if I wanted to get Ally's flu shot done while I was there and of course I said yes. Who wants to take another trip to the doctor? So she started freaking out. The doctor asked if she wanted a shot or a spray up the nose. I could tell she was thinking, "I don't want either, crazy lady." After some prodding, she chose the spray. She even told the nurse, "I will sniff whenever you want me to sniff. Just don't give me a shot." She did great and there weren't any tears.

Crit's been fine and happy since the appointment, but Ally had a runny nose, cough, and small fever yesterday. She didn't even want to go to school because she felt so crummy. I think she'll be better today, though. I didn't hear a cough all night.

Since Ally's still in bed (yes, it's 9:15 in the morning-- maybe I should go check on her), I got the camera out and took a couple of pictures of the baby.

Yes, he is this happy most of the time.

We got them a couple of tents last week at Costco. He still hasn't figured out he needs to duck his head before he walks in.

His two favorite things-- his truck and his blanket.

And what's better than a truck? Two trucks of course!

0 comments: