We FINALLY got the satellite hooked up yesterday. We've been living on PBS for three weeks and we were near the breaking point. I ordered before we moved, but it couldn't be installed until yesterday. I set the DVR to record the Utah/TCU game that started at 6:00. (If you didn't know Mike was a U fan, you need to come around more often.) Mike had a meeting and didn't get home until 6:30. I ran downstairs at 5:58 to make sure I set it up to record right. I turned it on and found out that we don't get that channel.
I ran to the phone and had to look up DirecTV's phone number on their website. It was now 5:59 and I was getting nervous that the game would start without us. I dialed the number and was immediately directed to the automated system. I was told by the friendly computer voice that they were experiencing unusually high call volume and I would be able to speak to a representative in approximately 5 minutes. Frantically I hit 0 repeatedly (and not without some extra force). A customer service rep answered almost immediately. (That's the tip of the day: press zero over and over to talk to a person.) It was now 6:00 and the opening kickoff would be happening any moment and quite possibly without us able to see it.
I told Lashawnda of our dire situation and asked what could possibly be done. Would we have to wait for a few minutes, or even days, to get the channel? How much would it cost? Would we be able to see the game? She said for $12 we could get the SportsPak which would allow us to instantly get access to the channel we needed and our evening would be saved. I said, "Do it!" I heard her press a magic button, and suddenly, there were the Utes, right in front of me on the TV screen (and in high definition, no less).
So in the end, our evening was saved, the Utes won, and it would have been an awful game to miss. We could actually see the tears the Horned Frogs were crying after their loss. Mike actually danced when it was over!
Thank you, DirecTV. You took your time getting us set up, but you really came through when I called. Now if you could just include all Utah games with the package we already had...
Go Utes!
Friday, November 7, 2008
TCU 10 Utah 13
Posted by Amber at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How great you got access to the Utes game! I don't have to tell you how "thirlled" (air quotes) Zack was the Utes won..... The pictures and stories are great. Too bad my life coach is so far away now. The drive must stink! Love, Krista
How fortunate you got access to the game! I don't have to tell you how "thrilled" (air quotes) Zack was that the U won. Your blog is great the pics are very cute! Love, Krista P.S. I am quite upset my life coach is no longer as easily accessible!
Post a Comment