
We have an apple tree in our front yard that I wanted to take out ASAP, but Mike wanted to keep it. Since he would be the one to to take it out (and I would have only a supervisory role in the removal of the tree), it looks like it will be staying. It has TONS and TONS of apples and after Mike took a pruning saw to it, it doesn't look all that bad.
Ally and I spent almost an hour on Friday picking up apples off the ground. There had to be hundreds. They all went into the garbage. Very few of them were rotten, so I felt kinda bad throwing so many away, but I couldn't do much else with them. They filled up half of our big garbage. Mike filled it up half way two weeks ago, too.
I went out later and picked a few to make an apple cobbler. It was delicious. If I ever learn to bottle applesauce, we will be able to live on it for months. Feel free to come visit and take a bucket of apples. Each one that gets picked is one less that I'll have to pick up later.

Monday, November 17, 2008
Up to our ears in apples!
Posted by Amber at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment